RE: [xsl] XSL Transformation overhead

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL Transformation overhead
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:44:33 -0000

> you can access a test suite I developed that will help create an array
> of various transformation scenarios that builds a .bat file for each
> test as well as a master bat files that calls each test one after
> another until complete.

I don't think that performance figures obtained from the command line are
representative, certainly for anything under a second. They are too heavily
distorted by Java start-up costs. It's much better to use a Java driver
application that runs each transformation multiple times, ideally ignoring
outlier results.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/