RE: [xsl] Conditional selecting

Subject: RE: [xsl] Conditional selecting
From: "Jim Neff" <jneff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:00:04 -0500

 David,

> better to use
>
> <xsl:sort select="field_no"   order="ascending" data-type="number"/>
> I think.

Yes, you are correct.  I didn't know that parameter existed, thanks.

>  <xsl:with-param name="current_context" select="."/> Why this param,
couldn't you just use . in the called template?

Because I have defined another template for the 'record' and I can't figure
out a way to call it without loosing context of the calling template.  (I'm
still very new to XSLT)

> something like:
>
> select="$field_definitions/*[@type = 'EA0']
>                             [plan_id or not(field_no=../*[@type =
'EA0'][plan_id]/field_no)]

Yes, thank you!  Since I left my XSLT book at home today, could you please
explain what this does?  I don't understand how the not statement works in
this circumstance (I've used it in others though).

Thanks again,
Jim