Re: [xsl] how to extract words from a text

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to extract words from a text
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:32:06 -0600

> And look at substring-after() or substring-before() and a recursive
template...

Bingo. If I were going to try this, I would write a recursive template
that nibbled the first word off the string, checked its length, kept it if
3+ characters or tossed it if too short, and then passed the remaining
string to the next instance of the template. Once no spaces remain in the
string, it's done.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Antsnio Mota <xptm@xxxxxxx>
12/10/2004 01:05 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] how to extract words from a text

I have no idea too, specially on a friday this hour...

But maybe this give _you_ something to think about. It's a "word count"
method.

<xsl:variable name="txt"><xsl:value-of select="text" /></xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="x" select="normalize-space($txt)" />
<xsl:variable name="y" select="translate($txt, ' ', '')" />
<xsl:variable name="wc" select="string-length($x) - string-length($y) +1"
/>

so wc (word count) in your example will be 8...

Quoting Jan Limpens <jan.limpens@xxxxxxxxx>:

> hello again,
>
> I hope you can help me with this one just as well, as with my other
> question today! :)
>
> i have a xml document
> <root>
> <text>This is a text, that is a text</text>
> </root>
>
> and I need to extract every word from it - once, ignoring case, and
> ordered by ocurrence, stripping 1-2 letter words - to make a meta
> keywords tag from it...

> the horror! the horror! I have no idea how to do this! :)
>
> thanks again!
> --
> Jan
> http://www.limpens.com
>
> Otakoo Saloon Cartoon - newest episode at http://limpens.com/oscredirect

O SAPO ja esta livre de vmrus com a Panda Software, fique vocj tambim!
Clique em: http://antivirus.sapo.pt