RE: [xsl] XSD Validation with XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSD Validation with XSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:07:47 -0000

> This topic leads to the question: is there a Schema validator
> implemented 100% in XSLT?

I think you can be pretty sure the answer is no!

I did once try to write an XSLT processor in XSLT; an interesting exercise,
but not really likely to be a competitive product.

A more modest aim, which probably would be feasible, is to write a schema
checker in XSLT (that is, a program which tells you whether a schema is
valid, as distinct from validating an instance document against that
schema).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/