Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Page numbering

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Page numbering
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:42:11 GMT

> What about using page-number-citation as a 'cross-document' reference?

I think you are outside the realm of what can be done purely within XSL.
I think you need to see if yor renderer has an extension that lets it
output page information to a file (preferably an XML file) while making
the pdf. If you had an xml file with page number information generated
as the pdf was generated, you'd be able to use document()  to pull this
in to your XSLT process and get the numbers right on a second pass.
This is how LaTeX works for example.

David

http://www.star.net.uk