Re: AW: [xsl] variable and arithmetrics

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] variable and arithmetrics
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 04:13:21 -0800

Andreas Andersson wrote:

It doesn't feel very logical to me to have the "* 100" inside the "select" statement but it works so....

How so? If the value of the element selected in an XPath statement multiplied by 100 was equal to a particular value of interest wouldnt you want to select that value and print it to the output stream?

I do see your point from a strict "selection of an element" standpoint... but XPath is much more than just selecting elements and attributes from a given path in your XML data set. And with XPath 2.0 comes the ability to do extensive calculations and conditional selection of data elements and attributes far beyond what the word "Path" would typically suggest in computing terms. I guess thats where the eXtensible part of XPath comes in...

Best regards,

<M:D/>

You're interested in the result of the calculation, aren't you?

Yes. Thanks.