Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript
From: "Matthew Hailstone" <mhailstone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:34:07 -0600

Geert,

First, thanks for the response.

You are right. outputElement is a variable declared a little above your
quoted code snippet:

  function XSLTransform(outputElement)

>> // replace the JS XSLTransform link with the output fragment
>> // by doing a dom replace of fragment against the original
>> // link (here represented as oldLink).
>> var oldLink = document.getElementById(xsllink);

document.getElementById(outputElement).replaceChild(fragment,oldLink);

>outputElement looks like a variable to me, but I can't find the
definition.

The outputElement parameter is passed near the end of contents.html:

>This doesn't look like valid xml. Try putting your attributes in
double quotes, so:

><xsl:stylesheet
>      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>   version="1.0">
>   <xsl:param name="dn">One</xsl:param>
>   <xsl:output method="html" />

Very strange. My email client must be stripping the quotes out I
suppose. Everything is fine here. Good observation, though.

>Have you tried running your data.xml against data.xsl from the
command-line? This could help
>localize the problem.

Yes, I apply the xsl document to the xml document, and get the
following:

<h1>HI!</h1>
<h1>Data</h1>

Again, I appreciate the feedback to make sure I'm explaining all this
correctly.

Matthew