Re: [xsl] output .net register directive

Subject: Re: [xsl] output .net register directive
From: xptm@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:13:03 +0100

I don't know why it's a stupid question. I have a idea of what a serializer
is,
but didn't know, for instance, that it was controled by the xsl:output...

So where is the stupidity?

Citando Jan Limpens <jan.limpens@xxxxxxxxx>:

> thanks for explaining. and I was right - it was a  stupid question :)
>
> --jan
>

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:57:10 +0100, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > michael, this might be a very stupid question - but what is a
> > > xslt serializer?
> > >

> > It's the piece of software that takes the result tree generated by your
> > stylesheet and turns it into a stream of characters (or bytes)
representing
> > an XML or HTML document, under the control of the xsl:output
declarations.

> > The significance is that you don't have to invoke the XSLT serializer.
For
> > example, if you run a transformation in Mozilla the result tree is passed
> > straight to the HTML rendering engine, without first serializing it.
> > Similarly, in the MSXML world you often send the transformation result to
> > DOM and then use the DOM serializer, which doesn't understand things like
> > xsl:output and disable-output-escaping.
> >

> > Michael Kay
> > http://www.saxonica.com/
> >

> --
> Jan
> http://www.limpens.com
>
> Otakoo Saloon Cartoon - newest episode at http://limpens.com/oscredirect

O SAPO ja esta livre de vmrus com a Panda Software, fique vocj tambim!
Clique em: http://antivirus.sapo.pt