Re: [xsl] ancestor

Subject: Re: [xsl] ancestor
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:23:54 -0500

It should be:
select="//inlineequation[not (ancestor::table)]"

I forgot to pull out the *=. Sorry about the oversight.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
10/18/2004 11:21 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] ancestor

Try this:

select="//inlineequation[not (ancestor::* = table)]"

The single quotation marks ('') make the XSL processor look for a string
literal, when you want it to look for an element.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Jiang, Peiyun" <Peiyun.Jiang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/18/2004 10:48 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[xsl] ancestor

Hi,

I'm trying to get all inlineequation elements that are not in the table
element. The following is not working. I don't know why. I always get all
the inlineequation elements.

select="//inlineequation[not (ancestor::* = 'table')]"

I know this can be very expensive even if it works. What cab be a better
way
to do it?

Thanks.

Peiyun Jiang