Re: [xsl] applying templates to all but ...

Subject: Re: [xsl] applying templates to all but ...
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:44:05 -0400

On Sep 24, 2004, at 10:38 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

I'm a little worried about performance; a small document is now giving
me an execution time of 3796 milliseconds.  Perhaps this trick can
shave off some of that in a few places.

or 4 seconds in English. When I were a lad, it used to take 15 minutes per page to process a document through TeX, but we were happy....

It's not really a problem for me, but I would like to prove (or least test) that it'd be a good idea to use an XSLT solution in a GUI environment like OpenOffice for this sort of thing.

First step would probably be in a web application, though, where people might get impatient waiting a minute to get back a large doc. Still, the functionality is more important than raw speed, and I'm thrilled I'm almost where I want things to be!

Bruce