Re: [xsl] generate-id for identical elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] generate-id for identical elements
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:25:58 -0500

Hi, Anton,

A variation of what you suggested is what I first did, in fact. But I like
programatically generated IDs because I can be sure that each is unique.
Fallible human that I am, it'd be just like me to give the same ID to two
different elements. Given that the real documents that need this solution
are FAR larger than the snippet I included (at least dozens of headings at
many levels), duplicate IDs is an issue that I wanted to avoid.

Thanks for replying.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services