RE: [xsl] element addition in schema based on conditional flag

Subject: RE: [xsl] element addition in schema based on conditional flag
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:23:09 +0100

Well, your problem has nothing to do with XSLT, but I can suggest an XSLT
answer.

Simply write your schema as a stylesheet:

<xsl:param name="IS_ADDR_DEFINED"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
 <xsl:if test="IS_ADDR_DEFINED">
   <xsd:element>
   </xsd:element>
 </xsl:if>

then to get the operational schema with a particular set of parameters, run
this stylesheet (against an arbitrary source document - in XSLT 2.0 you
don't need a source document at all).

Michael Kay