Re: [xsl] Get Absolute XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] Get Absolute XPath
From: "Samooo" <samooo_vc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:55:32 -0700

Hi All,
    I am able to achieve this using following code

  <xsl:template name="getAbsoluteXPath">
    <xsl:param name="id"/>
    <xsl:variable name="doc" select="document('c:\abc.xml')"/>
    <xsl:for-each select="$doc//*[@id = $id]">
      <xsl:for-each select="(ancestor-or-self::*)">/*[<xsl:value-of
select="1+count(preceding-sibling::*)"/>]</xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>

But in this case I have to pass the ID of element. Is there any other better
way? Thanks.

Sameer.