RE: [xsl] saxon command line error "2>error.txt"

Subject: RE: [xsl] saxon command line error "2>error.txt"
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:13:44 -0400

> From: Michael Kay [mailto:mhk@xxxxxxxxx]

> > It just struck me as odd that I found no option that was able to
> > direct the errors to a file. I thought I must be doing
> something wrong
> > or have misunderstood the options (where to place the syntax).
>
> I'm surprised too. Every other OS that I know provides this option.

Two minutes with the Vivisimo search engine came up with an answer -

See http://www.jpsoft.com/help/index.htm?redirection.htm

The followng is from the 4NT manual, but it looks the same as the
information for the standard WINNT command shell referenced above -

"
>& filename	Redirect standard output and standard error to a file or
device
>&> filename	Redirect standard error only to a file or device

If you want to append output to the end of an existing file, rather than
creating a new file, replace the first ">" in the last three commands
above with ">>" (i.e., use >>, >>&, and >>&>)."

BTW, 4NT is a much superior shell for Windows NT/2000/...  I highly
recommend it if you use the command line very much on Windows.

Cheers,

Tom P