RE: [xsl] order-by in WD-xsl?

Subject: RE: [xsl] order-by in WD-xsl?
From: "Jack Ratcliff" <jratcliff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:17:54 -0400

I think now is a good time to switch from the IE5 transformation
language to XSLT.   You're really limiting what you can do by sticking
with the *non-supported* IE5 transformation language.

Also, your xml looks very similar to the xml Lotus Domino generates from
views.  You should take a look at openNTF.org, specifically the Domino
Web Tools project.  It contains XSL stylesheets that transform any
Domino view into a HTML.  You could get a lot of ideas from the code
include.

> I know the old namespace should be avoided, but I am not sure if the
new
> namespace will work for all users of this application (about 400
users)
> since they may not have the correct parser. In which case it would
cost a
> lot of money to install the correct parser, because we outsource that
stuff
> to IBM.

This shouldn't hold you up.  We have an extranet application with users
that use IE5, IE5.5, and IE6.  For the IE 5 and IE 5.5 users we have a
js file that is included on the home page of the application that will
automatically install version 3 of the MSXML parser.  If you want I can
send you that code.  All the users will have to do is accept the
security alert and it will install for them automatically so the cost
will only be the time it takes for you to include the code.

Cheers,

Jack

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  It is not an offer or acceptance, and it is not intended to be all or part of an agreement.  This communication may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.  The sender does not accept liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail or any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.