[xsl] template matching, passing parameters.

Subject: [xsl] template matching, passing parameters.
From: "poppe chris" <pc_poppe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:42:36 +0200

Hello,

Im not sure how to explain my question, but i will give it a try.
Suppose you have a template wich matches with some elements of your sourcetree (of the input xml file). There you calculate something wich you put in a variable or parameter. Now you want to pass this value to a template who matches with elements higher in the sourcetree then the previous elements. And then use that value at that (high) position.

Basically i want to pass a parameter from a template matching elements deep in a tree to a template matching elements higher in the tree and also change the current node to the higher element.
But Im not sure if this is possible.

I know that if you use call-template, you still stay at the same node from the template where you perform the call so this is probably not the solution...

Any remarks or comments would be welcome,
sincerely,
Chris Poppe

Vraag van de week: Wat doe jij tegen spam, ongewenste e-mail? http://www.msn.be/microsoft/potential/default.asp