Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 and implementation of fn:idref in Saxon 7.9

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 and implementation of fn:idref in Saxon 7.9
From: "Thomas J. Sebestyen" <a9105535@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:45:10 +0100

Hello David,

David Carlisle schrieb:

> > Did I misunterstand the meaning of the fn:idref (Finds the elements that
> > link to the element with a given ID value i.e. This function allows
> > reverse navigation from IDs to IDREFs.) ?

> to copy the elements carrying the idref you want
>
>         <xsl:copy-of select="idref(@id)/.." />

Thank You, that works as I would like.

It seems, I have to think more about the difference (or discrepancy)
between the fn:id and the fn:idref als defined in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/ . (Maybe because I would not
declare an element itself as tpye of xs:IDREF or xs:IDREFS ... )

Regards
Thomas