[xsl] Re: Re: What is the future of XSL-FO

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: What is the future of XSL-FO
From: "Celio Cidral Junior" <ccidral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:06:33 -0300

"David Tolpin" <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem
news:200402272040.i1RKes39079618@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Why do you need an open-source tool? How will your project benefit
> from the formatter being open-source?

One of the benefits I expect when using an open source tool the zero cost of
use it accordingly to the license (GPL in general). In addition, I think
other one benefit could be customize it when needed just opening the source
code and changing it (in theory, it may seen easy; of course, in a real
cases, many issues can come out). But the main feature I expect from the
tool is its quality of implementation. Crystal Reports, the actual tool we
use here, is low quality at many aspects, at my point of view, and brings
many real problems in our day-by-day development tasks.

Cheers,

Celio Cidral Junior