RE: Xquery for 'hard data probs' was RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl

Subject: RE: Xquery for 'hard data probs' was RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl
From: "Jim Fuller" <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:51:50 -0000

So we have one author on the subject of XQuery stating outright that
XSLT is more capable and another respected author stating that XSLT is
superior over XQuery in situations of manipulating in memory xml.

Hmmm, perhaps it will ultimately be performance characteristics that
become the main reason to use Xquery over XSLT.

Many thx for anyone's comments on this.

Regards, Jim Fuller