RE: AW: [xsl] intra document link

Subject: RE: AW: [xsl] intra document link
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:14:53 +0100

<snip />
> That's right what I really meant was a inter intra document link ;-)
> inter based on several html pages an intra one XML file ! So my source
> document is a single XML file holding the Book and Chapter Data and this
> Data should be displayed in several XHTML pages! Do you have any
> suggestions? Is there any solution without "ugly" scripts with plain
> XML/XSL/XHTML?

Plain XSL 1.0 normally processes 1 or more input XML files, and generates 1
result X(HT)ML tree.
However, I don't think you'll find a processor that doesn't have an
extension to redirect parts of the result to different files (check
xalan:redirect or saxon:output).

So it won't really be 'plain' XSL unless you're willing to run multiple
transforms, but it is certainly also possible to achieve this without 'ugly'
scripts as I first suggested ;)

Cheers,

Andreas