[xsl] How can I capture output from for a log

Subject: [xsl] How can I capture output from <xsl:message> for a log
From: Ian Lang <ianplang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:06:06 -0800 (PST)

I am working on a program that uses Xalan to perform
an XSLT transformation and right now the contents of
any <xsl:message> elements are going to stderr.  My
app has a tracing and logging facilities so I would
prefer to redirect to those.

I hooked up a TraceListener:
    TraceManager traceManager =
((TransformerImpl)transformer).getTraceManager ();
    traceManager.addTraceListener(new MyTraceListener
());

But this looks more like for debugging and I still saw
the output from my <xsl:message>es in stderror.

What I would really like is to be able to register a
listener and have my listener called with the text
output from each <xsl:message> so I can call into my
tracing facility.

Thanks,

IL

Ian