RE: [xsl] 2 Predicates in 1 for-each, possible?

Subject: RE: [xsl] 2 Predicates in 1 for-each, possible?
From: "Josh Canfield" <Josh.Canfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:52:29 -0800

A predicate is used to filter a selection by converting the contents to a boolean value.

Your selection is //communication/email, which translates to /descendant-or-self::node()/communication/email.
Alone this will return all email elements with a communication element as parent.

Adding the predicate [emailaddress] specifies that you only want email nodes with an emailaddress node as a child. emailaddress will evaluate to true if there is an emailaddress child element of the selected node.

the predicate [//communication2[emailaddress2]] evaluates to true when there exists a communication2 element with a child emailaddress2 element anywhere in the document.

the predicate [emailaddress or //communication2[emailaddress2]] returns true when either of the two conditions described above are true.

It looks like you really want the union of all communication/email and communication2/emailaddress2 nodes.

<xsl:for-each select="//communication/email[emailaddress] | //communication2/emailaddress2">

Good luck,
Josh