Re: [xsl] text() word lists

Subject: Re: [xsl] text() word lists
From: James Cummings <James.Cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:42:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

> --- Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Using FXSL and Saxon 7 (This was intended to be essentially an XSLT 1.0
> > solution, until I realized that there cannot be references to variables
> > in
> > xsl:key -- I need to change this a little bit to work in XSLT 1.0)
>
> Yes, the only change needed is to change the xsl:key definition to:
>
>    <xsl:key name="kWordByVal" match="word"
>    use="translate(.,
>                   'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ',
>                   'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
>                  )"/>
>

> So, this is an XSLT 1.0 solution -- 50 lines of code.

Thanks to both Dimitre and David for the XSLT1 and XSLT2
solutions.  I've fiddled with both to do a variety of
orders and all seems to be smashingly wonderful.

I haven't yet tested them on huge texts or anything, will
be interesting to compare the speeds.  (Though maybe I'll
only want to retrieve the first 30% of results in that
case... there'll be lots of single uses at the bottom.)
I'll see what other nifty things I can think of to do!

Mucho gratias,

-James

> Enjoy,
>
> Dimitre Novatchev