Re: [xsl] for-eaching for specified number of times

Subject: Re: [xsl] for-eaching for specified number of times
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:00:13 -0500

Mark Williams wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the answer.  I'm now going to ask a couple of really stupid
questions.

I have no idea how to use XSLT 2.0.  I assume that I would have to change
the version number in my namespace declaration to 2.0 instead of 1.0 and
that I would also need an XSLT engine that handles it.  We use Saxon, which
ships with latest FOP.  Do you know if this would do the job.

The latest Saxon (version 7.?) handles XSLT 2.0. I don't believe you have to change your stylesheet version number. An XSLT 2.0 processor like Saxon should always handle the new 2.0 features properly unless there's a specifed difference in results between 1.0 and 2.0 stylesheets.

jeff

Mark Williams wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way of terminating a for-each loop after it has reached a
specified number of iterations.

In XSLT 2.0, you can: <xsl:for-each select="(1 to 100)" > ...