RE: [xsl] The real harm is in functions with side effects (Was: Re: Using Extension Functions - Its Efficiency)

Subject: RE: [xsl] The real harm is in functions with side effects (Was: Re: Using Extension Functions - Its Efficiency)
From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:55:04 -0800

> Hey, Josh! Are you guys any closer to getting an XSLT2 engine into a
> public beta? I like Saxon, but I'd love to play with XSLT2 in .NET.

No, we actually don't have any firm plans to do XSLT 2.0 at this point,
since we have been expending so much resources on getting XQuery (which
includes XPath 2.0) done.  The XQuery/XPath 2.0 code has been released
in various forms (tech previews, PDC, etc.) and is approaching Beta
quality.

Regards,
Joshua