[xsl] Re:

Subject: [xsl] Re:
From: "George Cristian Bina" <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:31:50 +0200

Hi Pierre,

The answer is no in the general case. Consider for instance
<test>
    <a>a</a>
    <b>b</b>
</test>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
version="1.0">
    <xsl:template match="/">
        result from which you cannot get the initial XML document
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

But you can get some information about the document and its content if you
look inside the stylesheet and to the result.

If in this case we will have for instance the stylesheet as

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
version="1.0">
    <xsl:template match="/">
        [<xsl:value-of select="test/a"/>]
        [<xsl:value-of select="test/b"/>]
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

and the output:

[a]
[b]

Then you can infere that the initial document has test as root element and
at least two children a and b with content "a" and "b" respectivelly.

HTH,
George
George Cristian Bina mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<oXygen/> XML Editor - http://www.oxygenxml.com/