Re: [xsl] combining 2 or more xml files?

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining 2 or more xml files?
From: "james walker" <jameswalkerandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:28:30 +0000

Im am still a bit confused and not sure if the document() function does apply to this problem or not?
I ll go into a bit more detail, I have an xsl which processes the xml homepage.xml to produce homepage.html. I have some links across 6 xml files which i would like to show in the homepage.html ouput.
homepage.xml has a different structure to the other 6 xml files. However th eother 6 xml files have the same strtucre, e.g.:
one.xml:
<root>
<link topfive="true"></link>
<link></link>
</root>
two.xml:
<root>
<link></link>
<link></link>
<link></link>
</root>
three.xml
<root>
<link></link>
<link topfive="true"></link>
<link></link>
</root>
etc.........
I would like to show the details of the links with topfive attribute in homepage.html, in the case above, i would only like to show the details of the 1st link from one.xml and the 2nd link from three.xml, I thought i might have to use document() to gather the 6 xml files togetehr and then search for links with topfive attribute but i dont know how to do it?
the xsl below is processed with homepage.xml to produce homepage.html:

<xsl:template match="root">
<xsl:apply-templates select="category" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="category">
<xsl:if test="count(ancestor::*)=1">
do this
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="count(ancestor::*)=2">
do that
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="count(ancestor::*)=3">
<h2><xsl:value-of select="name" /></h2>
<h3>TOP FIVE LINKS</h3>
<ul>
<!-- SOME CODE HERE TO PULL TOGETHER FILES AND DISPLAY TOP FIVE LINKS-->
</ul>
</xsl:if>

</xsl:template>