Re: [xsl] Problem sorting alphabetically: all uppercase entries come first.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem sorting alphabetically: all uppercase entries come first.
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:27:49 -0500

David Carlisle wrote:
You can see it works quite well except that words starting with uppercase letters come first. I am guessing it is sorting by ASCII values.

We had a long thread on sorting uppercase a while back.
It turns out that the whole world (including at least some xslt
implementors, but not including Stan and me) took a very unreasonable
reading of the sorting specification in the XSLT spec.

the end result is that you should get "sensible" results in all
processors but you will get different results.

I think in this case you want a case insensitive sort and its basically
english text so..

I'm pretty sure that the XSLT spec requires this kind of sorting (dictionary order). What processor are you using?