Re: [xsl] parsing post script

Subject: Re: [xsl] parsing post script
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:53:40 GMT

  Guys, I require to parse a PS file. I know that its possible to render a PS
  file with XSLT, but is the reverse possible?
  Thanks,
  Karthikeyan.r

It would be very hard to produce any usable Postscript directly from
XSLT, and virtually impossible to read PostScript.

PostScript is a fully featured programming language. It is no doubt
theoretically possible to write a PostScript interpreter in XSLT, but
it would be thousands of lines of code, and rather slow, compared to
using a real postscript interpreter as built in to a
PS printer, or an emulator such as ghostscript.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew