[xsl] maintain TeX ampersands

Subject: [xsl] maintain TeX ampersands
From: Manolis Mavrikis <M.Mavrikis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:20:59 +0000

hi there...

I have XML files that contain CDATA tags with tex inside them.

I know it may sound dirty but it's purrified later by the XSLT and other processes that convert the TeX to XML.

Unfortunately some of the TeX contain obviosuly ampersands which I thought that being in CDATA they would not be converted to &amp;-s . This creates a problem as the CDATA stuff after they are converted they are not proper TeX any more and this breaks the whole process.

Is there a way to keep the &s as they are or do I need to do everything another way round (e.g. convert TeX first and then XSLT) ?

Thanks for any ideas,

Manolis