[xsl] Re: Advice for splitting text

Subject: [xsl] Re: Advice for splitting text
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:06:06 +0200

"Karl J. Stubsjoen" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
> You know how in a news column online a lot of times you'll read a
> of the article and then there will be a link for "Read More", and you'll
> either follow an anchor on the same page to the rest of the article or
> to a new page all together.  So what I'd like to do is provide a text
> embedded in the article which signifies that the more link should be place
> here.  See "[BREAKARTICLE]" in this example:

Why not use a true xml element -- e.g. <formatting:breakArticle/> ?

Then the two text nodes already exist and do not need to be "split". When
formatting:breakArticle is the current node they will be selected like this:

Of course, in the xml document there must be a namespace declaration binding
the "formatting" prefix. A prefix, bound to the same namespace-uri will be
convenient to use in the xslt code.

Dimitre Novatchev.