Re: [xsl] variable visibility

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable visibility
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:36:40 +0000

At 2003-10-18 11:14 +0200, belangour abdessamad wrote:
Does a variable created in a template, is visible to other templates ?
thanks

No, section 11.5 of XSLT explicitly states a variable in a template is only visible to the variable declaration's following siblings and their descendants.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

This is something that I have somewhat speculated over. As Dimitre pointed out, there is no things such as template children in xslt. What does the following siblings and their descendants then consist of?.

I have read (not all of) relevant books, but I might not have understood this issue, if I have seen it.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :)