[xsl] Re: Re: Re: Re: AW: AW: global variable and position() once more

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: Re: AW: AW: global variable and position() once more
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 06:34:13 +0200

<fe.sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1062553749.3f5548958d9c2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thank you Dimitre, I went to the exslt.org site and read about it, it
looks like I won't
> be able to keep testing the stylesheets in XMLSpy, but at least I know now
the MS .NET
> Framework might work, the whole application should be developed in VS
.NET.
> Funny though that I made a search over the MSDN on EXSLT and it gave me no
results :\

Hi Lizet,

As I replied to another message in this thread, the EXSLT support for MSXML4
can be downloaded at:

http://www.sf.net/projects/fxsl

Should you really use MS .Net for your project, the EXSLT support for MS
.Net xslTransform was developed by DAre Obasanjo and is included in Oleg's
nxslt.exe command line utility available at:

http://www.tkachenko.com/dotnet/nxslt.html

> These zip packages in the exsl.org site are only the definition files of
the extended
> functions?

They contain some xslt implementations, but the xxx:node-set() extension
function is one of the extensions, which simply cannot be implemented in
xslt only.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.