RE: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:12:30 +0100

You need to extract the relevant components of the URL in the calling
application, and pass them from the application to the XSLT code as
stylesheet parameters.

Michael Kay

http://bla.bla/batman.xml?imageNum=3

My xsl just needs this one param set (ie. equivalent to <xsl:param
name="imageNum">3</xsl:param>)
so that it can conditionally process. This has to be local (ie no cgi
allowed to write the stylesheet, as was discussed before on this list).
I've looked high and low for this, but I can't find out how to retrieve
the URL for manipulation. I've also looked into how to potentially
manipulate the stylesheet with javascript, but this happens after the
page has been transformed, and thus is too late.

Thanks for any help,

Julian Wood
Learning Commons, University of Calgary