Re: [xsl] (de)serialize between comments and node-sets

Subject: Re: [xsl] (de)serialize between comments and node-sets
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:00:58 +0200

ohmson ampere wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have that choice. Briefly, remember that I mentioned
that work is done on the result from script A. This is done by a Java
programs (not own by us) that 'swallowed' the <foo> because it is not
'recognized'. I don't want to go into details about this since I can't change
that.
Any other ideas?

Get the intermediate Java programs fixed or replaced, alternatively quit your job. The kind of hackery you seem to require is the root of many a maintenance nightmare. Do you really want to get through all the complicated code to find a small bug, or the change necessary because the Java programs now swallow another piece of data, or to check where a new element from the source got lost? Stress shortens your lifespan.

J.Pietschmann