Re: [xsl] namespace conflict

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace conflict
From: sathish.kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:03:19 +0530

Hi,

my xml document contains a node

<leaf application-version="" version="" font-library="" operation="new"
modified-file="" checksum="1dec6fbce6dfeb989f1b6dc2e865f639" checksum-type
="md5" keywords="" xlink:type="simple" xml:lang="en" xlink:href
="m2/24-nonclin-over/nonclinical-overview.pdf">

To retrieve the value of the attribute "xlink:href" I need to use the name
space ' xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"' The current
version namespace does not support this kind of attribute. How am i suppose
to get the value of the attribute?

Thanks & Regards.
Sathish Kumar
Accenture - Bangalore Delivery Centre
Phone: +91 080 5138 6024
MSNID: reach_satish33@xxxxxxxxxxx

              David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
              Sent by:                                   To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         cc:
              com                                        Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace conflict

              07/24/2003 06:50 PM
              Please respond to xsl-list

> Is there a way to use two namespace in a single xsl file..like for
example

you can have as many namespaces as you want, your example element

> <xsl:stylesheet  version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
> ="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl" xmlns:eu="http://emea.eu.int">

has three for example (four if you count the pre-declared xml: namespace)

> is there a way to tell the processor to use both the
> namespace?

This is nothing to do with namespaces, it is about programming
languages. the language that uses elements in
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl
is _nothing_ to do with XSLT, it is an entirely different language only
supported in old versions of msxml, and not supported in current
versions of anything. Asking whether you can use both languages at the
same time is like asking if you can use Java and fortran at the smae
time, the answer is yes, in theory one could imagine a processor that
had extensions that let you do that, but is that _really_ what you want
to do?

Why do you think you need the obsolete microsoft draft implementation?

David

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.