RE: [xsl] Is there a free XSL stylesheet to convert HTML into XHTML?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is there a free XSL stylesheet to convert HTML into XHTML?
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:45:57 +0100

> > I am using Java API for XML processing, I store my HTML document in
> > Document object.
> > Then I use the default Transformer to dump the Document to output.
> > Unfortunately, what I get is HTML (some tags are not closed properly and
> > META
> > tag is in uppercase...)
> I'd say these tags are properly not closed as per HTML syntax.
>
> > I would like to know if there is a stable XSL stylesheet, that I can use
> > to produce XHTML.
> You can use XML output method in the interim transformation and htnl
> method in
> final output transformation.

Well you could do that but you would still get html at the end, not xhtml.

I *think* with Saxon 7.x if you specify xhtml output method (of xslt 2.0) and version="1.0" (backwards compatibility mode) you can get xhtml output with your original stylesheet, but I haven't had time to look into that much.

andrew

---