RE: [xsl] Extracting values from the XML data source

Subject: RE: [xsl] Extracting values from the XML data source
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:20:43 -0400

Yes, if you mean to assign the value to a variable which is declared in the stylesheet with <xsl:variable>. No, if you mean to create the variable on-the-fly and assign a value to it. As has often been noted here, the variable must exist at compile time, there is no <xsl:evaluate> element.

<xsl:variable name="moe-larry-curly" select="xpath/expression/to/element/or/attribute" />
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email