[xsl] not working...

Subject: [xsl] <xsl:for-each> not working...
From: "John Liebermann" <ahsan_hussain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:06:30 -0700

Thank you all for your help on the last one.

I am trying to put a heading just once in between my data which is linked to
the links on top. I have a for-each loop going to ancester::* This is what i
am doing:

		<xsl:for-each select="ancestor::*">
			<xsl:choose>
				<xsl:when test="contains(@name, 'Inputs')"></xsl:when>
				<xsl:when test="contains(@name, 'Outputs')">
					<a name="out">Output Descriptions</a>
					<xsl:if test="contains(@name, 'Outputs')"></xsl:if>
				</xsl:when>
				<xsl:when test="contains(@name, 'Settings')"></xsl:when>
				<xsl:otherwise>
					<xsl:if test="not(position()='1')">
						<xsl:value-of select="@name" />/
					</xsl:if>
				</xsl:otherwise>
			</xsl:choose>
		</xsl:for-each>

As it is evident from the code, the Output Descriptions is printed each time
a field belongs to the Outputs. I would like this to be printed only once.
Is there a way to do that inside my for-each loop because that is very
necessary? Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.

-John

----------------------------
Here is what the output looks like right now:
Output Description                                         <---------------
want this only once
NoValueRestrictions/ required
Required: Yes
Value Restrictions: None

Output Description
<---------------------NOT REQ.
NoValueRestrictions/ optional_NoDefault
Required: No
Default Value: None
Value Restrictions: None

Output Description
NoValueRestrictions/ optional_withDefault
Required: No
Default Value: This is the default value
Value Restrictions: None