RE: RE: [xsl] MSXML5 suport XSLT2? [Slightly OT]

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] MSXML5 suport XSLT2? [Slightly OT]
From: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:15:54 -0400

> You are far more likely to succeed if you take charge of the
> things you can control, namely: your server software, and
> manage the transformations from there. Then you can send
> HTML to your users' browsers and feel fairly confident that
> they will see what you intended.

Yes, and even then you're likely to have to generate different
HTML for different browsers to make it look right! Thankfully,
XSLT makes that fairly easy.

Back to MSXML vs. System.xml, I think it'll just delay widespread
XSLT 2.0 somewhat, not kill anything. Remember that the CLR
is linkable with native apps, so I doubt you'll have to wait
for all of IE to be reimplemented in C#.

Now the intriguing question is, will you get X# in your
browser, along with XQuery/XSLT/XPath 2.0, too? ;-) And when
you do, how will it compare with 2.0...

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov, Chairman & CTO
\\ eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
\\ DataPower Technology, Inc.