Re: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:16:12 +0100

> Exact error message is: Keyword xsl:sort may not be used here.

xsl:sort is an XSLt expression, but msxml2 implements a language that is
almost entirely different (which it unhelpfully called XSL as it was
rather loosely based on an early draft of XSL).
Most XSL instructions are not available in that language, you usually
have to escape to javascript to do any programming.

> The same things happens when I try to use xsl:param and xsl:variable as well.
Yes you'll get the same for most XSLT instructions. IE5's "wd-xsl" is an
entirely different language.

(Can you really not update to msxml3 or 4?)

David