SV: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

Subject: SV: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?
From: "FireNet - Information" <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:01:46 +0200

XSL will try to retrieve a value from the URL:
www.time.gov/time.asp?state=la&amp;applysummertime=no
 - which, of course, is invalid to ASP. ASP is not supposed to convert the
URL. The browser is the only device that converts content, that is, XML,
HTML etc.

The question is, more directly: How do I put a & in an URL, that I can pass
to the document() function.

I have another question:
How do I combine two variables?
Say, I have the variables; first, second, third - each with the respective
values 1, 2, 3.

How do I do something like: <xsl:value-of select="$first$second$third"/> (in
ASP you would write >> first & second & third << to get the value "123".

That way, I could, perhaps, define a variable with the value of "&", and use
it in the URL?