RE: [xsl] check that user input falls within range attributes

Subject: RE: [xsl] check that user input falls within range attributes
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:39:12 -0400

[ Kathy Burke]

> In my xsl, for each <measure> element I create an input box
> name with a
> "Verify" button. Could someone just please point me in the
> right direction
> on if/how I can (when the user on-clicks the Verify button),
> check the input
> value of <measure> to see that it falls within the <HiRange>
> and <LoRange>
> attributes. I'm trying to process this as part of the xmlDocument vs.
> xmlDOMdocument. Simply saving the value within the xmlDoc and
> verifying its
> value, etc.

Usually people do this kind of thing in the browser using javascript (or
VB, but then it would only work in IE).  But you said (in another post)
that you are using the aspx stuff.  I presume you are using .NET studio.
You ought to be able to find examples in the docs (the .NET Studio docs,
I mean)  showing you how to write code that executes on the browser.
I've done it with Studio, but it was a year ago and I do not remember
any more.

It has nothing to do with xslt, except to have your stylesheet stick the
right javascript into the result.  But first you have to know what the
result should be.

Cheers,

Tom P