[xsl] Extracting link information from xml document and displaying it in browser as hyperlink

Subject: [xsl] Extracting link information from xml document and displaying it in browser as hyperlink
From: bmcleere@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:27:56 +0100

Hi,

I have an xml document with a <location> tag amongst others e.g.

 <location> http://someserver.ie</location>.

 I want to retrieve the URL information and display it as a
 hyperlink in the browser.

 Currently, I can view the URL information but it is not a hyperlink.

 I thought of using the following:-
 <xsl:template match="technical/location">
 </xsl:template>

 I will be searching different documents so hardwiring in the
 URL where it says "@link" would not provide a solution for
 me. I think that if I could declare a variable in xsl to
 store the retrieved data and then get at the contents of this
 variable within the <a href...> tag - this would provide a solution.

 How to do it is another question:-)
 Any help with this matter would be very much appreciated.

 Kindest regards,

 Brenda Cleere