RE: [xsl] Getting metadata values from an HTML file

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting metadata values from an HTML file
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:36:02 -0400

[ Sergio Lorenzo]

>  Hello, I'm new in this forum.I'm developping an application
> that takes
>  metadata information from the <head> section on http pages,
> buti'm getting
>  crazy. I would like to take just the "DC.Title" and "Book1"
> values, and
> also
>  "DC.Creator" and "Stefan Multz" values, in the following example:
>
> <head>
>  </head>

If you want to use xslt, you will have to turn the html into well-formed
xml first.  You can do this with tidy, or Nekko (now part of
Apache-xml), Tag Soup, or similar tools.  After that, you can use
standards xslt methods.

If you do not know how to get an attribute value or element content, get
some reference material or read one of the tutorial sites.  After that,
you may still have some specific questions to ask.  Please try to be
clear and specific when you ask, because otherwise no one will know how
to answer.  It would be like asking "can anyone help to understand
math?".

Cheers,

Tom P