Re: [xsl] XSLT In the Build Process?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT In the Build Process?
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 22:21:33 +0200

Mitch Amiano wrote:
I've observed a team of developers using XSLT as a build tool to generate C++ code.... They modelled various aspects of the problem domain
using XML, and used XSLT templates to pump out C++.

Anyone else have experience long-term applying a similar approach?

Yes, me. Actually we model EAI interfaces in a customized XML vocabulary and generate IDL, C++ code, DTDs, Java code as well as HTML and PDF documentation (online, using Cocoon). Works great. The main advantages for us: - The docs are guaranteed to describe what is in the code. - A new interface mechanism, lets say web services, requires only to write a relatively small set of transformations to generate the variable adapter code and some libraries. We cranked out a Siebel adapter in less than a week. We are using this since more than three years now.

J.Pietschmann