RE: [xsl] Reducing memeory overheads with xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] Reducing memeory overheads with xsl
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:30:10 +0100

The answer to this is obviously very processor-dependent. Do tell us
which XSLT processor you are using.

With Saxon, my experience has been that a 25Mb document will transform
in 512Mb of memory. I've heard of people transforming documents of 100Mb
and beyond. But I do question whether this is the right design approach
when things grow to that kind of size.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx