Re: [xsl] perl and xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] perl and xslt
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:58:13 -0500

Can someone recommend a good perl module for XSL transformations other
than LibXSLT.  I need one that is pure perl so that it is
platform-independent.

Xalan from Apache is platform-independent. I use it on NetBSD in its Java incarnation. There is also a C version. I input XML and output XHTML that way. Then I use a Perl script to re-escape the Unicode for old browsers.

The whole method is detailed here...

http://starling.ws/XML/howto.html

...which is itself an example of just such output. It is not pure Perl,
but it works. Xalan is the ONLY Java which I do. I use Perl for most
other things.

If you work out a pure Perl solution, kindly inform me?

Respectfully,

Gan

--

Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird