Re: [xsl] include css in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] include css in xsl
From: "TP" <tpass001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:24:38 -0600

> > The browser is IE 6.0 sp1 and it shows all web-pages (the ones i visit
> > properly). I also see this problem with netscape 7.02. I checked my
> > stylesheet at http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/.
> >
> > I think the path is a problem.
> > I got
> > WEB-INF
> > --- classes
> > --- lib
> > --- xslt
> >     --- the xsl
> > --- css
> >     --- the css
> > Any ideas. I realize that this is not a xsl question per se
> > but I would
> > appreciate help.
> >

> You need to include the path to the css file from the location of the
> ___html output file___.  The browser knows nothing about how you
> generated the html file.  Either the css file path has to be absolute,
> or it has to be relative to the html file that is being viewed.
>
> Then, of course, the css file has to be valid css.
>
> You should first create an simple html file by hand that displays the
> way you want, including using the css stylesheet correctly.  Then you
> can learn to duplicate it using xslt.  Then you can add in all the other
> content you want to have.

Passin,

I tried what you said to do and it worked with a simple html file.

Then I tried by replacing ../css/style.css with the absolute path and it
worked. But obviously, writing the absolute path in the stylesheet would be
murder in transferring this on say linux for example.

This leads me to the question about xsl transformation and html display on
the browser. When the xml is transformed using xsl and is displayed on the
browser in html where is it temporarily generated and stored on the server.
Like, is it stored in WEB-INF folder or the work folder in Tomcat??

Please let me know.

Thanks.

TP.