[xsl] + Signed Number Format

Subject: [xsl] + Signed Number Format
From: abdu.r.el-whidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:47:13 -0500

Hi.

I want to use the function  format-number to to put a number in a  money  format.  This works when the number is either not signed or negatively signed.
The XML we got from our client has a "+" sign like this example:

<xsl:value-of select="format-number(+00003345351.89,'$#,###.00')"/>

This won't work.  The same proble is when I use the function sum() on a column that has positive values represented with  "+" signed numbers.

Any clues
Thanks

Here is the definition of a positive number accoriding to the w3c XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes specs.
So according to these standards an xml can have the "+" infront of a number.
[
3.3.25 positiveInteger
[Definition:]   positiveInteger is ·derived· from nonNegativeInteger by setting the value of ·minInclusive· to be 1. This results in the standard mathematical concept of
the positive integer numbers. The ·value space· of positiveInteger is the infinite set {1,2,...}. The ·base type· of positiveInteger is nonNegativeInteger.

3.3.25.1 Lexical representation
positiveInteger has a lexical representation consisting of an optional positive sign ("+") followed by a finite-length sequence of decimal digits (#x30-#x39). For example: 1, 12678967543233, +100000.

3.3.25.2 Canonical representation
The canonical representation for positiveInteger is defined by prohibiting certain options from the Lexical representation (§3.3.25.1). Specifically, the optional "+" sign is prohibited and leading zeroes are prohibited.
]